Felixstow Reserve Redevelopment
Awarded the 2019 Master Landscapers of South Australia Award for Commercial Landscape Construction Project over $1,000,000
Felixstow Reserve in as inclusive and considered landscape, providing the opportunity for connections and reconciliation. Together with the preservation/restoration of the natural environment and celebration of rich local history, the space creates numerous facets of open-ended play and enriched community assets.
The scope of works for the Felixstow Reserve Redevelopment Project includes, but is not limited to the following:
- The creation of a Natural Play setting along the lower park area adjacent the River Torrens.
- Natural Picnic Settings along the tree-lined batter between the upper and lower park areas.
- New shared pathway, including new pathway lighting and line-marking.
- Refurbishment of the Fourth Creek Bridge
- Wayfinding and Interpretive Signage
- Canoe/ Scar Tree relocation and interpretive setting with landscape treatments around this
- Kaurna Cultural Art Markers
- Picnic and barbecue settings
- The construction of a community Pavilion and Public Toilet facilities
- The creation of a recreation setting, including Basketball and Netball equipment, table tennis table and Bocce Court
- The installation of fitness stations
- The construction of a secondary path network across the Reserve
- Tree, shrub and groundcover planting
- Hydroseed open lawn area
- Large commercial automatic irrigation system (connected to future ASR Scheme)
- On-road and off-road car parking on either side of the Reserve.