Hilton Memorial Reserve
The Hilton Memorial Gardens Playspace has been constructed to create an innovative play experience that reflects the aspirations and philosophies being developed by City of West Torrens regarding social inclusion, fostering community stewardship, promoting wellbeing and accessible play within an urban context.
The scope of works for the Hilton Memorial playspace includes, but is not limited to the following:
- The creation of unique playspace central to the council area and adjacent the library. The playspace has a focus on a high-quality natural timber climbing structure, street furniture, shelter and lighting.
- Demolition and removal of existing playground, services and structures.
- Protection of all memorial items throughout construction.
- Protection of existing Liquid Ambers during construction.
- Creation of large mounded space with detailed timber work for climbing.
- Basket swing, rocker platforms, carousel and other play items_Sandpit and waterplay element.
- Stainless steel slide construction over timber scramble ramp.
- Insitu concrete pavements constructed to link with surrounding landscape and levels.
- Automatic Irrigation servicing all planted areas.
- Advanced tree plantings and shrubs.
- Street furniture including an iPhone changing station located within the arms of the seating.
- Large proprietary shelter.
- Electric BBQ with picnic setting.
- Timber play structure elements with attached rope play netting.
- Hard and soft surfaces including rubber, mulches etc.