Tonsley Lounge Forest
The Tonsley Lounge Forest is situated on the eastern side of the MAB (A21), near AZZO and Gate 3. It is the latest landscaped space in the Tonsley precinct to be developed. This project is an Urban landscape constructed within the fabric of the old Mitsubishi factory building. The project’s focus was of high tolerances and precision of materials and elements.
Tonsley was Australia’s first redevelopment to be awarded the internationally recognised 6 Star Green Star – Communities rating by the Green Building Council of Australia. The provision of landscaped areas is part of Tonsley’s commitment to creating a liveable and environmentally sustainable environment. The highly considered Lounge Forest complements the Central Forest, Plaza Forest and Western Plaza.
The scope of works for the Tonsley lounge Forest includes, but is not limited to the following:
- The creation of an Urban landscaped space with a focus on high quality, detailed hardscape elements with large raised planters, street furniture, arbor structure, and lighting.
- Demolition and removal of existing concrete slab, services, and contaminated fill.
- Insitu concrete pavements retrofitted to tie in with surrounding built form and levels.
- Detailed clay unit paving.
- Bespoke GRC planters and seating elements.
- Automatic Irrigation servicing all planted areas.
- Corten panel enclosure and galvanised frame enclosure to the gas meter.
- Corten raised garden edging.
- Custom folded steel furniture and settings.
- Custom GRC seating and pod elements.
- Advanced tree plantings and shrubs.
- Steel arbors with detailed hardwood timber panels.
- Stainless steel cable tensile trellis system.
- Colour changing LED lighting throughout the project
- Projection lighting system.
- Precision drainage system with extremely high tolerances for fall to accommodate large volumes of water runoff captured from the roof system.